About Me

My photo
Arizona, United States
Hi! I am a "middle aged" wife of over 40 years, mother to 2, mother-in-law to 2, and grandmother to 4. I love hanging out with these people!!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

2nd attempt at iris folding

No picture this time!    I made a heart - all the paper folding and scotch taping was fine ---- although using scotch tape feels very unnatural!  My cutout of the heart - the actual template shape was not well done - I am a very poor cutter!  Several websites recommend using a craft knife - my husband recommends I don't!  I am a bit of a danger to myself with sharp objects!  So - I guess it's back to the drawing board to practice my cutting skills = or I will just us paper punches or Sizzix dies - I am safe with those!  I also found a website to purchase pre-cut templates.  While this is expensive - it will be well worth it for "designer" shapes...I really like iris folding - it is so so so easy - and equally beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment